Accessibility with JAWS 15.0

Accessibility with JAWS 15.0

CMPA_JesseCMPA_Jesse Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,
I'm trying to get the JAWS screen reader to read the data from the DataTable but it will only read the headers? Is it supposed to be this way or is there something I'm doing wrong. I have not touched any of the options and it is the basic data table from the manual. But I tested the ones on the website with firefox and chrome and I could not get them to work either.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,814Questions: 1Answers: 10,123 Site admin

What version are you using of DataTables? 1.10 should be readable with JAWS.

Allan

• CMPA_JesseCMPA_Jesse Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited May 2014

I believe I am using DataTables 1.10

<!-- DataTables CSS -->
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="DataTables-1.10.0/media/css/jquery.dataTables.css">

<!-- jQuery -->
        <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf8" src="DataTables-1.10.0/media/js/jquery.js"></script>

<!-- DataTables -->
        <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf8" src="DataTables-1.10.0/media/js/jquery.dataTables.js"></script>

• allanallan Posts: 61,814Questions: 1Answers: 10,123 Site admin

I'll get JAWS installed again on my Windows machine when I get a chance and give it a prod. Until then, if anyone else is reading, can you confirm if this works or not for you?

Thanks,
    Allan

• sand_508sand_508 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

Even I am using DataTables 1.10.2, and trying to get the JAWS screen reader to read the data from the DataTable but it's reading only headers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.