Data Tables events not firing in IE 8?

Data Tables events not firing in IE 8?

DavesterDavester Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited May 2014 in DataTables 1.10

Hi all, new to Data Tables. I've been working through the examples and things seem to be working for me well. I then tried to experiment with the events, but I'm not having much luck. I even tried the online example (below) using IE8 and notice when I trigger an event (sort, search, etc) only the first event getts triggered/logged to console. If I run the same example in FireFox, I see an event fired for each action I take. Needless to say I'm confused. Is this a bug?? Appreciate any info. Thanks!

Example: http://www.datatables.net/examples/advanced_init/dt_events.html

BTW: Here is a little example I wrote that works in FireFox, but NOT IE8. All it's supposed to do is do a javascript alert("Hey") everytime the datatable field is sorted.

<html>
<head>
 <script type='text/javascript' src='//code.jquery.com/jquery-1.10.2.min.js'></script>
 <script type='text/javascript' src='//cdn.datatables.net/1.10.0/js/jquery.dataTables.js'></script>

<script>
$(document).ready(function(){
     $('#MyTable').on( 'order.dt',  function () { alert("Hey") } ).dataTable();
})
</script>
</head>

<body>

<table id='MyTable'>

<thead>
  <tr>
    <td>Field1</td>
    <td>Field2</td>
    <td>Field3</td>
    <td>Field4</td>
    <td>Field5</td>
  </tr>
</thead>

<tbody>
  <tr>
    <td>1</td>
    <td>a</td>
    <td>3</td> 
    <td>b</td>
    <td>5</td>
  </tr>

<tr>
    <td>a</td>
    <td>2</td>
    <td>c</td>
    <td>3</td>
    <td>e</td>
  </tr>

</tbody>
</table>
</body>
</html>

Answers

• vogomatixvogomatix Posts: 38Questions: 3Answers: 7

I have just encountered the same issue, and I am under the impression this may be a JQuery issue instead of being the 'fault' of Datatables

• vogomatixvogomatix Posts: 38Questions: 3Answers: 7

More info - I found that performing a predraw using fnUpdate or columns.adjust() seems to cause a similar problem

• allanallan Posts: 61,788Questions: 1Answers: 10,115 Site admin

Could you possibly try this with the DataTables nightly from the downloads page please? I think (hope!) this might be resolved already.

Allan

• VinceVince Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi all.

I have encountered same issue only on IE8.

Its works on IE9, Chrome and FF.

This discussion has been closed.