Is it possible to delete a row and keep the scroll position?

Is it possible to delete a row and keep the scroll position?

ElfayerElfayer Posts: 26Questions: 4Answers: 0
edited May 2014 in DataTables 1.10

In the following example, the solution only shows how to keep the current paging: http://datatables.net/examples/basic_init/scroll_x.html

But with only a scrollY, is there a way to delete a row and keep the scroll position ?

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,822Questions: 1Answers: 10,127 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I've actually be working on that exact problem today (good timing :-)). I think this is a bug in DataTables, when you call draw() with a false parameter to keep the paging static, it should also keep the scroll position.

I haven't quite got to the point where I am happy enough with my fix to commit it, but I will do so tomorrow when I've slept on it (incase I come up with something better!). The nightly will be updated then and this will be included in 1.10.1.

Allan

• ElfayerElfayer Posts: 26Questions: 4Answers: 0

Haha awesome ! x) So I have to download the 1.10.1-dev to get it, right ?

Answer ✓

Yeah - once I commit the fix. I'm just going to do my morning rounds in the forums and then will look at committing it.

Allan

edited May 2014

How can I download a nightly build ? Or when do you think you will release the 1.10.1 version ?

Links for the nightlies are on the downloads page: http://datatables.net/download/#DataTables . The fix is in there and should be operating correctly (it appears to be in my testing).

Regards,
    Allan

1.10.1-dev is merged with 1.10.0 ? Because I can only download 1.10.0 in this page or I have to copy/paste 1.10.1-dev from its links.

Answer ✓

or I have to copy/paste 1.10.1-dev from its links.

This :-). There is no download package for the nightlies.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.