Editor on Chrome & IE8

Editor on Chrome & IE8

nelsonyeh1234nelsonyeh1234 Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited May 2014 in Free community support

Hi,
I'm using trial version of Editor (v.1.3.0) and I've tried the same code on two different browsers (IE8 and Chrome v.30) but showing different behavior:

1. Having Editor popup box to modify something. I have to click on the "Update" button twice on Chrome in order to save the change (the Editor popup closed). However, the same code using on IE8 works fine. The sample codes run on http://editor.datatables.net/examples/simple/simple.html is having the same problem for Chrome.

2. The Close icon on the Editor popup box. I can see the Close icon on Chrome but only a square box on IE8.

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,452Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    1. I have to click on the "Update" button twice on Chrome in order to save the change

Interesting. I'm not seeing that problem in Chrome Mac I'm afraid. I select a row, then click the edit button and immediately click the submit button and it submits. Is that not what you are seeing?

1. but only a square box on IE8.

The rounding is given by CSS using the border-radius option which poor old IE8 doesn't support. You could replace the CSS with a background image if you want a round button for all browsers.

Regards,
    Allan

• nelsonyeh1234nelsonyeh1234 Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Yes. I'm using Chrome (v.30) on Win 7 at work and I have to click on the Update (submit) twice. When I use Chrome (v.35), it works fine. I am developing the code for external users so I can't control what versions of Chrome users will be using. Any suggestion ?

• allanallan Posts: 61,452Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin

Chrome is an evergreen browser, so folks should really be using the latest versions - assuming they relaunch it now and then. I'll see if I can download an old version and try to reproduce the error.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.