Having trouble with Editor and Laravel

Having trouble with Editor and Laravel

datatdatat Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi there, I just purchased a single-seat Editor license, I bought it because it was really easy to use the Chumper/DataTable package for laravel, so I figured it would be easy to integrate the Editor. I must admit that I'm somewhat new to this (Facades, ServiceProviders, PSR), but so far I've been able to use Laravel because it's very simple and easy to maintain and there are many packages out there with good documentation and examples.

I'm having a lot of difficulty putting the Editor plugin.together. I would use Editor with Chumper/Datatable, but I don't know where to begin. I know that I somehow need to pull the MySQL configuration into the third-party library, but I still don't know how to create service providers, facades, and that sort of thing. Do you have any plans to release an official Laravel package for this? Would anyone know how to integrate it with Chumper's package?

Thanks!

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,452Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin

Hi,

I'm not familiar with the Chumper/Datatable package myself, but it doesn't sound like it provides Editor integration - which I suspect would be a significant amount of work.

Do you have any plans to release an official Laravel package for this?

Currently no. Editor has PHP libraries that it comes with, and I'll be adding C# libraries soon. Other options for future languages / frameworks are NodeJS and RoR. If there is significant demand for Laravel integration then I will also consider that (I've used Laravel in the past and it is excellent!).

Since Laravel is PHP, one option might be to use the Editor PHP libraries specifically for your Editor work, and Laravel for everything else? Alternatively, the Editor manual described the client / server communication protocol that Editor uses, which can be used to construct server-side libraries in any language / framework: https://editor.datatables.net/manual/server .

Regards,
    Allan

• datatdatat Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks, I was kind of hoping for a "plug it in and go" method with a ServiceProvider and some Facades, it seems like the php libraries could be integrated into something like that but I'm not skilled enough to do it. I probably won't be able to use this at all until then. I'm sure there are more people out there looking for something like this.

If I do happen to create a laravel package for this, how would I go about releasing it with the trial version code instead? I know there are more people out there looking for something like this.

• allanallan Posts: 61,452Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin

Each person who wants to try Editor out would download their own trial version of Editor and then drop your Laravel libraries into that package so they can try it out.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.