ScrollY in Firefox for DT 1.10 - headers move way to the right

ScrollY in Firefox for DT 1.10 - headers move way to the right

tlmiitlmii Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited July 2014 in Free community support

I'm doing a fairly basic datatable - it is an HTML table that I am converting to a datatable with the following code:

$('#dtOpenStuff').dataTable({
            "scrollY": "350px",
            "paging": false,
            "searching": false,
            "scrollCollapse": true
        });

That works fine in IE and Chrome. In Firefox, the headers (which are fixed because of the scrollY parameter) are moved all the way to the right - basically as if they're stuck next to the table.

I can fix it if I remove the "overflow:hidden;" CSS from the dataTables_scrollHead element. With that gone, it looks fine in all three browsers.

However, I notice that Firefox handles the example here: http://datatables.net/examples/basic_init/scroll_y.html correctly. So I don't know if I'm somehow doing something strange that is causing it. But my call is pretty simple and the HTML table it is operating on is pretty basic.

Any ideas?

Answers

• rhinorhino Posts: 80Questions: 2Answers: 17

Is the table initially hidden in something, like a modal, or collapsible area, or tabbed navigation, etc?

• tlmiitlmii Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

No, its always visible. I've got four tables on this one page, all of them are initially visible, all are set up with the .dataTable(...) call in a $(document).ready(...) handler. All of them have this issue. My other tables that don't use ScrollY are fine.

• rhinorhino Posts: 80Questions: 2Answers: 17

If you can manage to recreate the problem on the live.datatables.net tool, that would help to debug the issue.

This discussion has been closed.