Performance Issue on IE 9

Performance Issue on IE 9

LuckyLocLuckyLoc Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0

I have a Table with ~250 rows, 43 columns, 3 fixed columns, ColVis and ColReorder which takes (in IE9) up to 14 sec.
The data is delivered from the server (not serverside processed) so I can't set up a testsite.

I recognized that disabling autowidth decreased the initialisation time by 4 seconds.
What other options do i have to decrease the initialisation time?
The customer unfortunately insists to use IE, serverside processing is not an option since i have a lot single-styled cells and
specific controls in the columns renderd by .net-framework.

Any help greatly appreciated.

F.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,722Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

I'd suggest disabling the plug-ins and seeing how fast the raw DataTable is. I'd suggest you make sure you have deferRender enabled as well.

But beyond that, really we'd need a test case to be able to offer much help (which I know you can't do).

Allan

• LuckyLocLuckyLoc Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0

With deferRender it even takes 4 seconds longer and destroys design.
    When I disable fixedColumns it decreases initialiasation time by 4 seconds...

I try to set up a test case on JS-Fiddle..

If you are ajax loading the data then there is no way that deferred rendering should take longer. Yup, we'd need a test case.

Thanks,
    Allan

I am not ajax loading the data.
    Server renders a HTML-table which then at pageload gets modified by datatables.

Test case coming, thanks for help.

edited July 2014

Sorry - I had thought "The data is delivered from the server" indicated that it was Ajax. In which case, that would be the first port of call.

Allan

edited July 2014

Looks messy but it describes the problem.

Would be great if you find the time to look at it, especially if there's something wrong with the initialisation code.

Thanks Allan anyway, for smaller tables this is a burner plug-in

http://jsfiddle.net/2FE2n/1/

Did you try disabling the plug-ins? My guess is that it is FixedColumns that is taking the majority of the time. You could try this for speeding FixedColumns up: https://datatables.net/release-datatables/extensions/FixedColumns/examples/css_size.html .

Allan

This discussion has been closed.