TableTools generates strange symbols

TableTools generates strange symbols

sergiozsergioz Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited July 2010 in TableTools
Hello, when i try to generate csv, excel or only copy to clipboard my datatable, datatools generates a csv or xls with a 1 only strange symbol like this , my datatables obtain information from ajaxsource using json format directly, no server side.

Thanks for all!

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,443Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin
    This is the BOM (Byte Order Mark) - which indicates what character encoding set the file is using. The editor you are using to view the generated files is obviously not UTF aware if it is displaying these characters :-).

The BOM for the XLS (UTF16-LE) is required if you want it to work in Excel - the BOM for the CSV less so. You can disable it using TableToolsInit.oBom.bCsv = false and TableToolsInit.oBom.bXls = false;

Allan
  • sergiozsergioz Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    thanks, i think i have another problem, because im using office 2003 for view the files, i tried to use TableToolsInit.oBom.bCsv = false and TableToolsInit.oBom.bXls = false; but only change that csv or xls files generated totally empty without BOM, i think that tabletools isnt linking with my datatables, because when i click on copyclickboar also doesnt work, it copy 0 files, what,s wrong? im using developer server on asp.net, ajax source for datatables and IE8. I dont kwno what is happening.

Thanks for all!
This discussion has been closed.