Is there a way to debug datatables editor?

Is there a way to debug datatables editor?

iteractioniteraction Posts: 7Questions: 5Answers: 0
edited December 2014 in Editor

Hi,
I am using the inline editor for two diferent tables. The options that gives me trouble is "submit on blur". It works in one table, but doesn't work in the other one. My question is : is there a way to debug this? I get no console error, neither form submit errors. The problem seems to be that the blur event is not being triggered (i have to press Enter to submit).

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,840Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

If there is no error, then it might be a case of needing to put breakpoints into your browser's Javascript viewer (particularly around the _blur() and _submit() internal methods), or adding console.log() debug code into the code.

I'd be happy to take a look at the page if you could give me a link to it?

Thanks,
    Allan

• iteractioniteraction Posts: 7Questions: 5Answers: 0
    edited December 2014

// Thanks for the fast response. i am using ajax sourced data with lots of options and it would take a bit to adapt the code for an example link. Until then, i noticed that preBlur event gets triggered, but the preSubmit event doesn't. Maybe there is something going on between those events? Is there a way to see what? //

edit: sorry, i forgot about the breakpoints.

• allanallan Posts: 61,840Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Interesting - yes, using a breakpoint where the preBlur event is triggered, and then stepping through the code sounds like a good move.

Sorry I don't have an immediate answer to your question! I'm not sure what would be causing this.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.