Autocomplete result does not appear in full row editing mode

Autocomplete result does not appear in full row editing mode

bentwood47bentwood47 Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

I am using the exact example per the user guide for the autocomplete plug-in for the editor. It works great in in-line editing mode - whereas the autocomplete is filled in by the source. However, the type ahead results do not appear in the full row editing mode. I am not sure if this is due to the modality of the "full-row-editing" pop up or not. Could someone confirm whether or not they experience the same issue? Thanks!

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,849Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

I'm not aware of any problems with the main editing and jQuery UI. I've just tried my local example and it appears to work okay.

Are you able to give me a link to a test case showing the issue, or perhaps describe the problem you are seeing a bit further? For example are you getting any error messages?

Thanks,
    Allan

• aloggalogg Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Allan, is there a complete example showing simple use of jQUery Autocomplete somewhere? I am not sure what field type to use, and where to place the Autocomplete call. No error message but it doesn't work.

editor = new $.fn.dataTable.Editor( {
            ajax: "mysql_query.php",
            table: "#example",
            fields: [ 
                    label: "Category:",
                    name: "category",

]
                 } );

$( editor.field('category').node() ).autocomplete({ source: availableTags }); 

Thank you in advance,

• allanallan Posts: 61,849Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

I would suggest trying the jQuery UI AutoComplete plug-in for Editor.

Alternatively you could try field().input() rather than field().node().

Allan

This discussion has been closed.