here is the code:
[code]

New Document

$(document).ready( function () {
new FixedHeader( document.getElementById('dataTable') );
} );

body {margin:5px;}
p {margin:30px 0px 30px 0px;}
table.display {border-width: 1px;border-spacing:0px ;border-style: solid;border-color: #cfcfcf;border-collapse: collapse;background-color: transparent;}
table.display th {border-width: 1px;padding: 1px;border-style: solid;border-color: #cfcfcf;white-space: normal; background-color: #afafaf;text-align:left;}
table.display td {border-width: 1px;padding: 1px;border-style: solid;border-color: #cfcfcf;text-align: left;vertical-align:middle;white-space:nowrap;}

School sdfsdf
Date sdfd
Time1 sdf
Time2 sd
Time3 sd
Facility 3453453534

School1

08:00

10:00

11:00

Location of Event

.............. so on till end of the table.
[/code]

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Could you post a link to an example showing the issue please? It should be working like this: http://datatables.net/release-datatables/extras/FixedHeader/html_table.html

Allan
  • itsmaheshpitsmaheshp Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited August 2010
    if you can send me your email, I can email it to you.
    The problem, when I scroll down, the header doesn't scroll smoothly in IE 8. But it works fine in Chrome, FF & Safari
    Mahesh
    You can use http://datatables.net/contact to get in touch with me directly. The FixedHeader in IE8 should use fixed positioning, and thus should be fairly fast. If it is being used in compatibility mode, or in IE6/7 then it will be significantly slower since they don't support fixed positioning and absolute positioning must be used - just a fact of those browsers...

Allan
    I want to send my sample html file that I was working on so that you can recommend me the fix. please let me know your email / here is my id : itsmaheshp@gmail.com
    really wondering whats going on with my code. this page works fine in IE 8. I just have a simple table with some data and i see flickering when I scroll down.
    pls help if you can.
    thanks
    For anyone else following this discussion, we resolved the issue by e-mail. Basically IE8 was operating in quirks mode, are there was no doctype for the document. This causes IE8 to render like IE7, which has not position:fixed support (well - some, but not enough), which is slow. Adding the doctype allows FixedHeader to use the much faster position:fixed method.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.