Shown data in the Source?

Shown data in the Source?

conciseconcise Posts: 13Questions: 5Answers: 0
edited March 2015 in Free community support

dataTables is great.

Two questions though....

1. Is there a way to make the data 'be shown' in the source code? We are using JSON to show the data and although it works for some reason the code isn't actually shown in the view source?

2. I guess this is related to the above but often the data in the tables becomes quiet long and ends up hiding behind the footer - I am thinking that it is related to the point 1 above...

Thanks for all help!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,805Questions: 1Answers: 10,118 Site admin

1) Sounds like you want to inspect the live DOM? If so, use the "Inspect element" option in your browser.

2) I would need a link to a test case showing the issue. Sounds like a CSS problem on the page.

Allan

• conciseconcise Posts: 13Questions: 5Answers: 0
    edited March 2015

Hey thanks Allan!

If you click below (development site) and then click the tab called "View by category" you'll see that the data just rolls down the page and hides behind the footer. Is that a CSS thing or would you say that it is a AJAX issue since the data has been called via a JSON file?

Thanks v much...

http://www.concise-consultancy.com/concise-courses.com.x/training-styled/

• allanallan Posts: 61,805Questions: 1Answers: 10,118 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Yes that is a CSS issue. You need to add padding to the bottom of your tab-content element:

div.tab-content {
      padding-bottom: 70px;
    }

For generic development questions such as this it would be best to ask on StackOverflow or similar in future.

Allan

• conciseconcise Posts: 13Questions: 5Answers: 0

thanks very much

This discussion has been closed.