responsive child rows (show more info)

responsive child rows (show more info)

nguyenm9nguyenm9 Posts: 20Questions: 3Answers: 0

Is there a way to get http://datatables.net/release-datatables/examples/api/row_details.html to work with mobile (eg be responsive)? or is there another way to expand rows? I want to hide a few rows in desktop mode and let the user show as desired.

thx, matt

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,822Questions: 1Answers: 10,129 Site admin

Currently you would need to write your own row renderer for Responsive which is quite messy. What I plan to do is introduce a new option to Responsive that will show the hidden information in a popup box when you click or possibly mouse over it (although mouse over is obviously pointless for mobile).

That will be in Responsive 1.1.

Allan

• nguyenm9nguyenm9 Posts: 20Questions: 3Answers: 0

I actually like the way responsive works now with the auto hidden row. Would be nice to just give non phone ui the same treatment, just make it configurable -- eg. hide these three columns in a hidden row.

Problem is that Responsive uses child rows, while you stated above you also want to use child rows for something else. The two can be combined (I haven't tried it, but it should be possible) but it would be messy.

Allan

I only (manually) did child rows for non mobile ui b/c I thought that was the only way to forcefully hide superfluous columns. If there's a better way, please let me know.

Responsive will automatically hide any columns that won't fit into the current display. No need to do that yourself.

Allan

Get that, but I want to do it in non-responsive mode too (eg I have 10 columns and want to forcibly hide 4 of them but allow the user to show more). In responsive mode, it should auto hide as many as it needs to for proper display.

Answer ✓

Sounds like you want the none class.

Allan

perfect

This discussion has been closed.