Error after Update to 1.4.2

Error after Update to 1.4.2

RappiRappi Posts: 82Questions: 18Answers: 1
edited May 2015 in Editor

Hello all.

After the update of Datatables to 1.10.7 and Editor to 1.4.2 I have the following error in the console:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'options' of null
e._optionsUpdate @ dataTables.editor.min.js:60
(anonymous function) @ dataTables.editor.min.js:52
n.event.dispatch @ jquery.min.js:3
n.event.add.r.handle @ jquery.min.js:3
n.event.trigger @ jquery.min.js:3
(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:3
n.extend.each @ jquery.min.js:2
n.fn.n.each @ jquery.min.js:2
n.fn.extend.trigger @ jquery.min.js:3
w @ jquery.dataTables.min.js:73
o.error @ jquery.dataTables.min.js:33
n.Callbacks.j @ jquery.min.js:2
n.Callbacks.k.fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2
x @ jquery.min.js:4
n.ajaxTransport.k.cors.a.crossDomain.send.b @ jquery.min.js:4

The tables show only "Loading..."

And now? When I use the backup, all is fine.

Any idea of the reason for that error?

Greetz Rappi

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,821Questions: 1Answers: 10,127 Site admin

Hi,

Are you able to give me a link to the page you are working on so I can attempt to debug it please? I'm not aware of any issues that would cause that, so I'm afraid it would require debugging to be able to resolve it.

Thanks,
    Allan

• RappiRappi Posts: 82Questions: 18Answers: 1

Hi Allan.

This error only on my local installation with xampp on windows 7.

Online it will work but I can't work on it, when it don't work on my local machine :-(

Rappi

I see - so it does work on your server, but not on a local machine? That suggests that the setup between the two environments is different. Are there any other errors shown in your browser's console? What web-server are you using on your local machine?

Allan

• stichcomberstichcomber Posts: 24Questions: 6Answers: 3

I have the EXACT same error reported in the console as follows:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'options' of null
    dataTables.editor.min.js:60

Am using editor 1.4.2 and 1.10.7.

Possible to share the final solution here? Thank you!

edited June 2015

Found these NOTICES too:

[Mon Jun 29 12:27:22 2015] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant “root” - assumed '“root”' in /Users/xxx/Dropbox/webserver/DataTablesEditor-thisisatest/php/lib/config.php on line 17
    [Mon Jun 29 12:27:22 2015] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant “localhost” - assumed '“localhost”' in /Users/xxx/Dropbox/webserver/DataTablesEditor-thisisatest/php/lib/config.php on line 19
    [Mon Jun 29 12:27:22 2015] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant “mj1015” - assumed '“mj1015”' in /Users/xxx/Dropbox/webserver/DataTablesEditor-thisisatest/php/lib/config.php on line 21

From NETWORK->XHR->RESPONSE

<br />
    <b>Notice</b>: Use of undefined constant “root” - assumed '“root”' in <b>/Users/rstinchc/Dropbox/webserver/DataTablesEditor-thisisatest/php/lib/config.php</b> on line <b>17</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Notice</b>: Use of undefined constant “localhost” - assumed '“localhost”' in <b>/Users/rstinchc/Dropbox/webserver/DataTablesEditor-thisisatest/php/lib/config.php</b> on line <b>19</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Notice</b>: Use of undefined constant “mj2015” - assumed '“mj2015”' in <b>/Users/rstinchc/Dropbox/webserver/DataTablesEditor-thisisatest/php/lib/config.php</b> on line <b>21</b><br />
    {"sError":"An error occurred while connecting to the database '\u201cmj2015\u201d'. The error reported by the server was: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: nodename nor servname provided, or not known"}

Sorry, but seems unable to paste a pict here so have added it here http://snag.gy/1fPWi.jpg

Seems when I type in the config.php file, for some reason I wasn't add a quotation mark ("). It looks very close to one. I have a doublebyte keyboard for Japanese and that is a doublebyte " mark. It threw three notices in PHP. PHP even said it assumed the content between the quote marks but it lied ;-) I fixed the quote marks and it worked.

Excellent! Good to hear you've got it working now and thanks for the updates :-).

Interesting that the "assumed" from PHP was incorrect!

Allan

This discussion has been closed.