Editor "New" dialog popup with 30 columns too long

Editor "New" dialog popup with 30 columns too long

rottenrotten Posts: 14Questions: 4Answers: 1

When I select New, to create a new entry on a table with 30 columns, the default 'Create new entry' dialog is very long (which, in itself, is ok).

Unfortunately, the dialog box scroll bar does not scroll far enough to expose the last few rows, nor can I expose the Create button at the bottom using just the scroll bar. The bottom of the dialog box is below my window.

The window scroll bar does not move the dialog at all.

To expose those last few rows and the button, I have to stretch my browser. Fortunately my screen is tall enough. I tried this on both Chrome on Mac/Mavericks, and Chrome on Windows 7.

Are there any tricks I can do to fit the dialog box to my window so the scroll bar will expose its entire contents when I have a lot of columns and a browser window that isn't so tall?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,840Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

Can you link to the page so I can take a look at what is causing the problem please? It sounds like a CSS overflow issue.

Thanks,
    Allan

• rottenrotten Posts: 14Questions: 4Answers: 1

I sent you a link to the page I have under development where I ran into the issue. I'll see if I can cook up a test case this morning that I can make public too.

• rottenrotten Posts: 14Questions: 4Answers: 1
    Answer ✓

Aha, the trick was my page was missing <!DOCTYPE html>, which somehow was causing the browser/jQuery to get confused about the window size. This was not a datatables problem, but a hack-web-developer problem.

Thanks Allan!

This discussion has been closed.