Data loads very slow using DataTables

Data loads very slow using DataTables

ssaj1074ssaj1074 Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello,

I have implemented DataTables into our web app and it is absolutely the best option I have found for our needs. All the hard work put into DataTables is very much appreciated, thank you. However, we have over 20k records in our database and when the "Records" page loads, it takes it about 3-4 minutes to load all the data, and I'm using pagination. Once the data loads, all the features work perfect, eg: searching, sorting, pagination... ect... . It just takes the page an unusually long time to load. Not sure where to go from here so I'm hoping to find help here in this forum.

So far...
...on my local server, I increased the "memory_limit" setting in my php.ini file to 2048m, but still loads very slow locally.
...on the webserver, I am still waiting my hosting admins to make the memory_limit change I requested so I can't test this online just yet. Probably not till Monday.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, I can post any settings/configurations needed for your review.

Answers

• mRendermRender Posts: 151Questions: 26Answers: 13

How are you getting your data to the page? Loading it from a source, ajax..etc?

• TomNMTomNM Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0

Instead of loading the whole recordset, just load what you need.

This discussion has been closed.