Slow processing of the include of the "DataTables PHP libraries"

Slow processing of the include of the "DataTables PHP libraries"

pyarzapyarza Posts: 4Questions: 3Answers: 0

When profiling the speed of the connection from my editor tables to the backend I´m getting a quite high delay in the include of the DataTables.php file :

´´´
include( "../../../externo/datatables/extensions/Editor-1.4.2/php/DataTables.php" );
´´´

is taking between 2 and 3 seconds to be executed; and I have multiple tables on the same webpage so it takes quite long to load the complete page and data.

I have tested in two different computers with similar results.

I have isolated the different parts of the loading of the information from the server and one of the problems is in the INCLUDE although there are other things that may help as server side processing. But there is still the start process of including the DataTables.php file for every request to the server.

Anyone knows of any workaround?

Datatables version 1.10.0

Editor version 1.4.2

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,848Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

2 - 3 seconds seems like a very long time for that file. My initial thought is about the database connection it makes - have you tried any profiling inside the DataTables.php file. If so, that is where I would suggest starting - measure the amount of time it takes to set up the PDO connection. The rest of the file just does a few includes and should run faster than several seconds even on a 1980's processor :-)

Allan

This discussion has been closed.