Responsive Editor child row

Responsive Editor child row

jtoler5jtoler5 Posts: 88Questions: 32Answers: 3

I can see an example of how to use responsive and also inline edit for the child rows. But can someone point me in the right direction on how to user a custom render for responsive but still allow inline edits on the child row. More specifally what class should be applied to a TD (if I created a table in the render)? I noticed that if I don't use a custom render for responsive the UL it creates has data attributes applied to itself and the LI's but I can not seem to replicate this for the a child table by applying the same data attributes to the td when created.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,821Questions: 1Answers: 10,125 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no option for that at the moment. Editor's inline editing code specifically uses the DOM structure that Responsive creates.

I will look into altering that so there is a defined interface for it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,
    Allan

• jtoler5jtoler5 Posts: 88Questions: 32Answers: 3

So I guess my best option would be to try to let responsive render the child row by itself and format it with CSS the best I can?

Until a properly documented interface is documented for that aspect, yes.

Allan

Quick update on this - when DataTables 1.10.11 is released, it will be able to use its selector methods on elements which have data-dt-row and data-dt-column attributes (and children of those elements). So when the custom renderer is now created, these attributes should be assigned and will allow them to operate in the DataTables API as if they were cells in the regular table.

The responsive.details.renderer documentation will be updated with this information when Responsive 2.0.2 is released.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.