Problems with file upload + edit form hanging on submit

Problems with file upload + edit form hanging on submit

arbarclayarbarclay Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi there! DataTables/Editor newbie so sorry for any stupid questions :-/ I can't provide live link in a public forum but can in email. I've used the debugger, the code is ewiyed.

I have an editor instance which was working pretty well until I tried to add file upload. I don't need to use the separate table with file information as shown in the examples, but wouldn't mind either. I get the same edit form hang either way, but different javascript errors (I've got both versions in the code, with one commented out)

When I don't use the image info table I can upload the file correctly, and send the correct URL to my DataTable instance, but the editor form hangs when I submit (in fact I think the table info is being updated without even needing to submit). I get a javascript error "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'parentNode' of undefined". But the table has been updated when close the edit window and I refresh it.

If I uncomment and add back in the code to use the separate image info table I still get the editor hanging but a different javascript error - an undefined table (the image info one). I believe this also stops the file upload from working.

This has also introduced a problem using the DataTables search function. I've tried so many variations I've probably introduced problems beyond the ones introduced in the file upload code, but the search was working before too.

Any ideas?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,805Questions: 1Answers: 10,118 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Are you able to send the link to me in a personal message in this forum? Click my name above and then the "Send message" button.

Thanks,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.