Editor - Select2 IE 11 issue

Editor - Select2 IE 11 issue

ZakInterDevZakInterDev Posts: 51Questions: 16Answers: 0

Hi guys

So I'm using the select2 plugin along with editors middle man plugin for select2. All is working fine on Chrome and Firefox, except IE as the title says. The problem is when the page is first loaded, the list of options is visible at the top of the page. Clicking twice on the list finally hides the list, but obviously that isn't a good solution. I was wondering if this is a problem on the editor select2 plugin side, not playing nice with IE or am I doing something wrong?

Here's a test page to demonstrate the issue: http://dev.cyltracker.co.za/test

Thanks in advance :)

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• ZakInterDevZakInterDev Posts: 51Questions: 16Answers: 0

I should mention that I was able to create a standard select2 list without this issue occuring in IE as well.

• allanallan Posts: 61,800Questions: 1Answers: 10,115 Site admin
    edited September 2015

Hi,

Thanks for the link - I've just tried to load it, but it isn't loading for me at the moment (UK based) - I'll try again later in the day.

Could you possibly confirm what version of Select2 you are using please? I've just tried it out locally and I've unfortunately not been able to replicate the issue in IE11.

Thanks,
    Allan

I'm using version 4.0.0, I'm also using jQuery 1.11.3 as there was that issue with the new jQuery and DataTables a few weeks ago . We haven't updated that minor patch yet, so maybe that could be an issue. It seems I'm also having issues loading that link now as well.

Whenever you get a chance, would be great.

Thanks,
    Zak

Should be working now, fyi

• allanallan Posts: 61,800Questions: 1Answers: 10,115 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Just done a bit of digging and it looks like this issue in Select2. To resolve until it is patched you could remove the placeholder.

Allan

Ahhh that's great thanks, works like a charm. Hopefully they fix it soon.

This discussion has been closed.