Error for IE and Chrome but not FF

Error for IE and Chrome but not FF

justStevejustSteve Posts: 49Questions: 8Answers: 1

Working with current browser version across the board (via Win8.1) /*! DataTables 1.10.9

I'm scaffolding up a new grid and I'm sure the error being caught by IE and Chrome is due to dirty data - no troubleshooting requested - just passing along a fwiw... Error being tossed on line 3383 'Unable to get property 'length' of undefined or null reference.
for ( i=0 ; i<aData.length ; i++ ) {

Firefox is happily displayed a fairly empty grid.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,893Questions: 1Answers: 10,145 Site admin

Are you able to link to a page showing the issue? I'd like to know what is triggering the error if possible. I suspect that you might be loading Ajax data and not returning an empty array - but that's just a guess :-)

Allan

• justStevejustSteve Posts: 49Questions: 8Answers: 1

Alas for your troubleshooting - different data doesn't display the anomaly. i'll follow back up if i see it again.

• jLinuxjLinux Posts: 981Questions: 73Answers: 75
    Answer ✓

I get this error from time to time, its usually when the AJAX content isnt what it should be... are you using ajax?

• justStevejustSteve Posts: 49Questions: 8Answers: 1

I am - and cleaner data seems to be the variable. This might be tangentially relevant - most (all) of my prior (server-side) efforts have used Json.Net to generate the payload. In the current project I haven't (yet) taken the dependency and am just using the native Json parser. I find I'm running up against circular reference errors that were never a problem with Json.NET-ized payloads. My entities tend to be more complex - I'm aggregating multiple server-side fields into single DT cell.

again, understanding the ins-and-outs is beyond my depth ... just offering a fwiw.

This discussion has been closed.