Custom selectize plugin: menu not appearing in bubble

Custom selectize plugin: menu not appearing in bubble

bigbenchrobbigbenchrob Posts: 26Questions: 9Answers: 2

(debugger code eqawul ; example affected field is field_id_208)

Hi,

I've written a number of modifications of the Selectize editor plug in. Each is working in Lightbox and Details mode. However, in bubble mode, the div containing the <select> element fails to be included in the dialog--I just see a blank dialog with an update button.

If I inspect the container element just before it is returned by the create() function of the plugin, it seems to contain everything Allan's supplied Selectize plugin does (except for the div with class "selectize-dropdown single" that follows the div with class "selectize-input" (as I am fetching the data via AJAX).

With my custom plugin (yields blank dialog):

<select class="selectized" style="display: none;" tabindex="-1" id="DTE_Field_field_id_208">
    <option value="" selected="selected"></option>
</select>
<div class="selectize-control single">
    <div class="selectize-input items not-full">
        <input style="width: 4px;" tabindex="" autocomplete="off" type="text">
    </div>
</div>

With stock plugin (works):

<select class="selectized" style="display: none;" tabindex="-1" id="DTE_Field_field_id_203">
    <option value="" selected="selected"></option>
</select>
<div class="selectize-control single">
    <div class="selectize-input items not-full dropdown-active has-options">
        <input style="width: 4px;" tabindex="" autocomplete="off" type="text">
    </div>

<div style="display: block; visibility: visible; width: 100px; top: 0px; left: 0px;" class="selectize-dropdown single">
        <div class="selectize-dropdown-content">
            <div data-value="text" data-selectable="" class="option active">text</div>
            <div data-value="id" data-selectable="" class="option">id</div>
            <div data-value="cookie" data-selectable="" class="option">cookie</div>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Rob Campbell

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• bigbenchrobbigbenchrob Posts: 26Questions: 9Answers: 2
    Answer ✓

Oops--please ignore the above question! I was trying to edit a field that was visible on the table but defined as hidden in the editor. (I have a number of paired id/text value fields, the latter displayed in the table and the former used for editing. I'll just have to use the click event on the text field to open the bubble on the id field via the bubble api.)

• allanallan Posts: 61,844Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Good to hear you got it sorted out - thanks for posting back!

Allan

This discussion has been closed.