Editor FIle upload without table

Editor FIle upload without table

enielsonenielson Posts: 6Questions: 3Answers: 0

Hello,

I can see that the new Editor File Upload field is deeply tied to the DataTable itself (instantly submitting the file to the server via Ajax POST after upload, requiring response with file info when rendering it and erc.). The question is - is it currently possible to implement a simple FileUpload field to the standalone Editor that would just pass the file to the server and let me process it ? The thing that I am working on is uploading some *.csv data to the server from file and this file shouldn't even be tied to particular data in the table. I'm using Editor as a standalone editor in this case, it's not tied to the data that this table is representing.

Hope this is clear enough, thanks!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    Answer ✓

The question is - is it currently possible to implement a simple FileUpload field to the standalone Editor that would just pass the file to the server and let me process it ?

Yes - you would need to implement a custom upload field type.

Having said that, if this is for data import and you don't need to reference that file again, then you could potentially still use the upload field type. The main dependency on DataTables that that field types has is for retrieval of file information (it uses the DataTables API).

Allan

This discussion has been closed.