Twelve hour times

Twelve hour times

johnugajohnuga Posts: 16Questions: 7Answers: 0
edited February 2016 in DataTables

I am using the newest version of both DataTables and Editor. I want my Editor input to use something like:
2016-02-11 4:57 pm
(hour w/o leading zero and am/pm)

in my .js file (for the var editor = new $.fn.dataTable.Editor line), I am using:

"format": "YYYY-MM-DD h:mm a"

For my .php Editor::inst( ) I am using:

Field::inst( 'date_attended' )
        ->validator( 'Validate::notEmpty' )
        ->validator( 'Validate::dateFormat', array( 'format'=>'Y-m-d g:i a' ) )
        ->getFormatter( 'Format::datetime', array( 'from'=>'Y-m-d g:i a', 'to'  =>'Y-m-d g:i a' ) )
        ->setFormatter( 'Format::datetime', array( 'to'  =>'Y-m-d g:i a', 'from'=>'Y-m-d g:i a' ) )

The mysql data type is DATETIME.

Input is successful from the web browser as I am not seeing any "invalid date format" type errors.

Three problems:

1) The data attended column does not display any info.

2) The mysql row contains: 0000-00-00 00:00:00

3) How can I just have :00 :15 :30 :45 for minute selections?

How do I fix these?

Thanks,

-John

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,109 Site admin

Hi John,

The database will store and get data in ISO8601 format, so you want to use that for the get and set formatters:

Field::inst( 'date_attended' )
         ->validator( 'Validate::notEmpty' )
         ->validator( 'Validate::dateFormat', array( 'format'=>'Y-m-d g:i a' ) )
         ->getFormatter( 'Format::datetime', array( 'from'=>'Y-m-d H:i:s', 'to'  =>'Y-m-d g:i a' ) )
         ->setFormatter( 'Format::datetime', array( 'to'  =>'Y-m-d H:i:s', 'from'=>'Y-m-d g:i a' ) )

That should hopefully resolve 1 and 2.

For 3 you can use the minutesIncrement option of the datetime field type. Just set it to be 15.

Allan

• johnugajohnuga Posts: 16Questions: 7Answers: 0

Allan,

I made these changes and got everything working. For 3, I had to also add secondsIncrement to get it working.

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

-John

This discussion has been closed.