Editor 1.5.5 bugfix not apparent

Editor 1.5.5 bugfix not apparent

loukinglouking Posts: 259Questions: 52Answers: 0
edited February 2016 in Editor

I see in the release notes for Editor 1.5.5

Fix - JS: Submit using the return key could conflict with selecting an item in a select list (i.e. both happen when you expect only one). This occurs only in Firefox and IE, but to ensure consistency he return key will now have no effect on form submission when a select element has focus.

but when I am using selectize, jqueryui, in a create form, with chrome (and edge and IE, didn't try firefox), if I move the select with up/down arrows and hit enter, the create is sent to the server.

Again, not sure how to show this using codepen, but I do see response from the server that a couple of fields have errors, after the selected entry.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,822Questions: 1Answers: 10,127 Site admin

The error you mention is not the one that was fixed. This is due to the use of Selectize - specifically it has a text box which has focus, so when you press return Editor will see the text box has focus, and assume that since it is a text box, return can be used.

Unfortunately that isn't a trivial fix (its not difficult, but it does require a change in Editor's core to make an API call to the plug-in which will also need an update).

The workaround at the moment is to use the onReturn option of form-options and disable the submit behaviour on return.

I'll add the required code for Editor 1.5.6.

Allan

• loukinglouking Posts: 259Questions: 52Answers: 0

Thanks for the advice on the workaround.

Editor is a great plugin, by the way. Most of the time I have spent is in refactoring my application to use it due to the complexity of the first page I am using it on.

I think at the end I will have a core set of server side python flask packages / templates which can be used for any simple table, and will share that with you (I wasn't able to find similar through google search, but maybe I missed something).

• allanallan Posts: 61,822Questions: 1Answers: 10,127 Site admin

Little update on this - I'm actually going to bump the work required for this on to 1.6.0 as it more than a trivial change.

Hopefully 1.6.0 won't be too far behind 1.5.6!

Allan

This discussion has been closed.