Using datatables for a "in-memory" table.

Using datatables for a "in-memory" table.

PatricioFinkPatricioFink Posts: 27Questions: 12Answers: 0
edited March 2016 in Editor

In my app there is a part where the user adds products for a sale. When adding items a table in same the page is filled. This is a temprary table that need to be used only one time (just for that sale) and has to be fast. So it is not a db table, this is saved in a Session variable as a list.
Is there anyway to implement Datatables Editor in this case? Since there is no "real" table in the DB. I'm using .Net MVC C#

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,822Questions: 1Answers: 10,127 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Unfortunately, at the moment you would need to implement this using the ajax option and providing a function that will implement the client / server protocol on the client-side. Its not quite as bad as it might sound at first - there is an example using localStorage of exactly that - no reason why you need to use localStorage, you could just use an object or array that is lost on page reload, but its a useful example.

Future updates to Editor will likely include this ability built in (although I'm not certain yet which release that will be in).

Allan

• maxymaxy Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

Is this ability built in now?

• maxymaxy Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

What I need is a temporary table to be shown to users and get users' input. Users can click a button to send an email. Users' change will be stored to another real table if user send the email. Or it will be abandoned if user does not send the email.

Multiple users may use this temporary table at the same time, and the content will be different if users selected different criteria. That's why I need a temporary table, not a real table.

• allanallan Posts: 61,822Questions: 1Answers: 10,127 Site admin

Is this ability built in now?

Not yet. It will be in 1.6 which will be available later summer / autumn this year.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.