Ellipsis to truncate fails in Editor.

Ellipsis to truncate fails in Editor.

DaveNavarroDaveNavarro Posts: 18Questions: 7Answers: 0
edited May 2016 in DataTables 1.10

When I use the following code to render a column that is a not Editable, it works as expected;

data: "MaxText", className: "text-align-center", width: "35px", render: $.fn.dataTable.render.ellipsis(5, true) }

When I apply the same code to a column that is setup as Editable (inline) the column (cell) in the datatable fails to show the Ellipsis.

I have type: textbox and type: select, and both fail.

What can I do to correct this?

Please let me know and thanks! :-)

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,824Questions: 1Answers: 10,131 Site admin

The ellipsis renderer really shouldn't have any effect on the Editor select field type. Is that what you mean by it failing (i.e. the ellipsis is not applied to the select list's labels)?

Allan

• DaveNavarroDaveNavarro Posts: 18Questions: 7Answers: 0
    edited May 2016

Hello Allan,

Thanks for the reply. No, the Editor (select field) works as expected. It is loaded with data (via JSON callback) and responds to the drop (click) event showing all the data.

However, before selecting it, I'm expecting the datatables cell to show truncated text with the Ellipsis and it's not. It's showing all the data.

The non editable cells are behaving as expected but, the cells that are editable (inline) are not. Regardless of their "type:' setting.

It seems like there is some event taking place after the initial load that steps on that formatting.

Perhaps I need to be connecting to an event later in the page loading life cycle? Perhaps after the ajax call to load the select lists?

Please let me know what you think and thanks.

~ Dave

• allanallan Posts: 61,824Questions: 1Answers: 10,131 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the clarification. Are you able to give me a link to a test page showing the issue so I can take a look and see exactly what is happening? Drop me a PM (click my name above and then "Send Message") if you can't make it public.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.