DataTable in DataTable?

DataTable in DataTable?

evaLautevaLaut Posts: 11Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hey guys,

i'm new in using dataTables and now i tried to put a dataTable in a <td> </td> from an existing dataTable, but with my code it doesn't work. Does anybody know if or how that works fine?
And is it possible that the child-DataTables get ordered with the order buttons from the parent-DataTable?

I would be very glad to get some more informations about this.

Thank you very much :-)

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,918Questions: 1Answers: 10,151 Site admin

Thanks for your question - however, per the forum rules can you link to a test case showing the issue please. This will allow the issue to be debugged.

Information on how to create a test page, if you can't provide a link to your own page can be found here.

Thanks,
    Allan

• evaLautevaLaut Posts: 11Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hey Allan,

thanks for reply.

I tried to put the code in a CodePen, for a better debugging. I hope it helps to find an answer.

http://codepen.io/anon/pen/xObKEa

Thanks for watching this issue :-)

You can't have a colspan or a rowspan in the tbody of a DataTable I'm afraid. You currently have colspan="20" which is just not supported at all. There are a number of other threads on this topic if you want to know the reasons why - but long story short - its exceptionally difficult!

Allan

• evaLautevaLaut Posts: 11Questions: 4Answers: 0

okay i'm sorry about that...

i'm just looking for an option, to get a dependency for some rows. That they don't get mixed up during the searching...

In this example i tried to have a parent datatable and a lot of child datatables. The child datatable rows will stay together, but each child datatable will get another position in the parent datatable, if the search button is clicked...

is there any possibility to do this with datatables?

Thanks for your ideas :-)

If you want to keep rows together, you would need to use the orderFixed option we discussed in your other thread. I think there is some overlap here. Let's stick to just one thread now - I'll close this one in favour of the other.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.