Serverside & Searching Client Side Rendered Data

Serverside & Searching Client Side Rendered Data

Restful Web ServicesRestful Web Services Posts: 202Questions: 49Answers: 2

My tables currently do not use the serverside = true parameter, however I am considering adding this. My main reason not too at present is that I use the render function quite frequently to manipulate the data being presented to the user. For example,

"data" : "cms_module_system_files.author_id",
                "createdCell" : function(td) {
                    $(td).addClass('grey');
                },
                "render" : function(data, type, row) {
                    return row.cms_module_system_users_staff.forename + ' ' + row.cms_module_system_users_staff.surname;
                }

Will show a real human name rather than just an Id. Is there a method to allow this rendered, client side, data to be searched when having serverside enabled? I imagining it is not. In which case what should I do to preserve the human readable data whilst allowing serverside and search to both work together?

Thanks

Chris

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,660Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Is there a method to allow this rendered, client side, data to be searched when having serverside enabled?

No - sorry. The whole point of server-side processing is that it is the server-side doing the filtering, sorting and paging, so the server-side would need to have the rendered data in order to be able to search it. Of course if the server-side has that rendered data, there is little point in rendering it on the client-side, just return the server-side's data.

So to get this working you need to adjust your server-side script.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.