Inline editor. How to avoid column resizing

Inline editor. How to avoid column resizing

fabioberettafabioberetta Posts: 74Questions: 23Answers: 4

Hello,

I prepared inline editing for a table.

Everithing works but when I click on the table the text edit box is getting really large and the entire column is resized. This is diturbing a lot the editing (it is a small time box that is modified with date picker) and the user is obliged to move too much the mouse around.

I would like sometning similar to this example but I did not find how to control the inline editor text box size;

https://editor.datatables.net/examples/inline-editing/simple.html

Can anyone help?

ty
f

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,822Questions: 1Answers: 10,129 Site admin

This is a real problem with inline editing and is the reason Editor includes a bubble editing feature (bubble()). Some text boxes and input controls just aren't suited for inline editing such as WYSIWYG inputs and other large text areas.

The "fix" is to do one of:

• Have the cell large enough to contain the input field
    • Make the input field small enough to fit into the cell.

If its just a matter of a few pixels that you are having a problem with, if you give me a link to the page I'd be happy to have a look at it.

Allan

• a2ztecha2ztech Posts: 19Questions: 2Answers: 1

I am facing similar issue now with the bootstrap theme enabled. The column sizes wiggles around a lot which seems annoying to the user. Is it because the bootstrap theme is applied to the Grid? Is there any quick fix for this? Thanks!

Tags: .NET, Inline Editing, Time Control

We'd really need a test case showing the issue to be able to understand what is going wrong and be able to debug it.

Allan

• a2ztecha2ztech Posts: 19Questions: 2Answers: 1
    Answer ✓

@allan - figured out the problem. I was calling too many or wrong bootstrap CSS and after clearing those the wiggling has disappeared.
    Not a Datatable issue at all.
    Thanks for your reply though.

No worries - thanks for posting back and good to hear you have it working now!

Allan

This discussion has been closed.