Editor not from CDN, but what about the rest of the package / plugins

Editor not from CDN, but what about the rest of the package / plugins

loukinglouking Posts: 259Questions: 52Answers: 0
edited July 2016 in Editor

https://datatables.net/download/index says CDN is not available if Editor is selected. I assume it is possible to download Editor, but get the rest of DataTables and its plugins from the CDN, but would prefer to get confirmation before proceeding.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,853Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Correct. Just load Editor after you've loaded the CDN stuff.

I'd like to get Editor on the CDN, but haven't found a way to put commercial software up on the freely available CDN yet... Possibly a license key is one option, but I'm not sure yet.

Regards,
    Allan

• loukinglouking Posts: 259Questions: 52Answers: 0

Thanks.

Actually I looked into using cdn to make upgrades easier. Would love to be able to get Editor from CDN as well. I agree checking for some configurable license key may be the way to do this, but that's off the top of my head and I'm sure you have thought about this more.

If this is something imminent I will wait to update my Editor version as downloading requires a lot of manual steps for me.

For editor fields, I think the cdn is available, like the following. But no version for these?

• allanallan Posts: 61,853Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

If this is something imminent I will wait to update my Editor version as downloading requires a lot of manual steps for me.

Its not I'm afraid. I think to spend some time thinking it thought a bit more.

For editor fields, I think the cdn is available, like the following. But no version for these?

Its a bit quirky, but what to do is use the download builder, select Editor and then the field type plug-ins you want and then deselect Editor. The field types will still be selected and you can use them form the CDN.

That massively needs to be improved...

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.