DataTables warning: table id=dt-triggers - Truncating results at 5000, server cannot display more

DataTables warning: table id=dt-triggers - Truncating results at 5000, server cannot display more

NoMan2000NoMan2000 Posts: 7Questions: 3Answers: 0

I found this one by setting serverSide to false, with the AJAX option enabled. The idea being that I want to be able to load in the data from the server, but use client-side rendering to sort/shift, since this seems to be low-latency for datasets. I also want to be able to call dtTriggers.ajax.reload() when the user deletes/updates/adds a trigger, the table reloads.

But then I received that error. If serverside is true, the error goes away. There wasn't any documentation about this, so I was wondering if this is built into datatables or is this a random bug. Thanks.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,864Questions: 1Answers: 10,136 Site admin
    Answer ✓

That isn't an error that DataTables itself generated, but rather it sounds like it is proxying an error from your SQL server. If the JSON returns { "error": ... } that will be alerted out. So it sounds like the SQL server is setup to limit the number of rows returned. Might that be the case?

Allan

• NoMan2000NoMan2000 Posts: 7Questions: 3Answers: 0

Went digging through it, and found out that there's some some server-side legacy code that automatically throws errors if too many results are returned from a DataTables query.

Anyway, thanks for the great product Allan.

This discussion has been closed.