Security error" code: "1000

Security error" code: "1000

ackerchezackerchez Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited December 2010 in General
Hoping someone can give me a hand here....

I have DataTables set up to return HTML within the json data coming back from the server. An example of a row's data looks like this:
[code]
["","oK5kqWTOsiyP5wH75tFj2yIY8XprWOwB","11/18/2010 08:16:28 PM","juan j","juan j","incoming","00:02:38",""," "]
[/code]

The display is working just fine and all the data is coming back nicely.

The purpose of the first tag is to open a jquery dialog window. I have set the jquery properly and I know that it is written correctly. However my problem is that when I click on the link within the cell of the DataTable nothing happens and I see "Security error" code: "1000" in firebug, the alert that I put in the function is not even firing. I do not know what this error means but at first I thought that it was a result of having a lot of div's on the page but I then made a quick example of a page with only the grid on it and the div that is meant to come up as the dialog box..that too did not work. Does anyone know why this kind of error would be triggered by the DataTable?

Thanks!

Replies

• ackerchezackerchez Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Got the problem solved by using delegate but still would be interested in understanding what is going on here...
  • allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    I don't believe the error is triggered by DataTables itself, but rather by the fact that you are loading Javascript from a remote source and then running it. That has a possible security risk attached to it which Firefox is trying to protect you from. Have a look on the web for Cross Site Scripting (XSS) if you fancy a bit more information about it (other than my two liner :-) ).

Allan
This discussion has been closed.