Bug Colvis ; not closing in internet explorer

Bug Colvis ; not closing in internet explorer

EvolEvol Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited December 2010 in Plug-ins
Once opened colvis it isn't possible to close colvis in internet explorer.
In firefox this problem doens't exist.

I used the sDom settings of the basic init example from colvis

"\"sDom\": 'C<\"clear\">lfrtip'"

Anyone any ideas ?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,642Questions: 1Answers: 10,093 Site admin
    Does that happen on this page for you as well: http://datatables.net/release-datatables/extras/ColVis/index.html ?

Which version of IE are you using?

Allan
  • EvolEvol Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited December 2010
    - No it doesn't happen on that page, sorry forgot to mention that.
    - I 'm using IE 8.

Also when I click the button in firefox it first opens in an up direction. Since my table is at the top of the page, the most part falls out of the window (browser) boundries.
    The second time I open it, it opens correct.

Prolly this has nothing to do with the IE problem, but I 'm just mentioning it just in case.

I 'm using the same version of colvis as the example on http://datatables.net/release-datatables/extras/ColVis/index.html = 1.0.3.
    Same results with colvis 1.0.4

Also using colreorder plugin. and jquery ui with overcast theme

And 1.4.4 version of jquery
  • trishdevtrishdev Posts: 13Questions: 1Answers: 0
    I am also having this same problem with several different configurations including the example files. I have run it with and without the css files with no change... The colvis versions I tried are 1.0.6 and also 1.0.7. I really would love to use 1.0.7 since it has the show all button.

I narrowed the culprit down to the span where the text show / hide columns lives-- when you click the span the button does not close also if you click off the button completely it still does not collapse BUT if you click off the span --onto the underlying button container it closes!!! I thought it was some css button styling used in my main themes but even without ANY CSS this still happens in IE7 and IE8... It works fine in IE9, Chrome(latest version) and FIrefox 6 and also Opera (latest version)

Does anyone have any idea on how to resolve this??
    (Also used in this configuration is jQuery 1.6.4 and Datatables 1.8.2 and I removed any other js to eliminate possible conflicts during testing and debugging.)

Allan, once again, I cannot thank you enough for this brilliant jQuery plugin, and, I believe-- the most robust javascript dynamic table component library out there!! And I will get my team to contribute for a donation..:)
  • victorovictoro Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I was able to resolve this issue by using the same ColVis.css file that's referenced in the example. Not sure where I pulled the bad ColVis.css from, but there are some significant differences.
  • victorovictoro Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    BTW, I'm using the CSS tab in Firebug on Firefox to view the CSS file. I think this is how I got the bad CSS file when I copied it directly from Firebug to my filesystem. When I view the ColVis.css file directly in my browser, I get a version that is compatible with IE. When I view the ColVis.css file from Firebug, the version is different.

Here's an example of just some of the differences:
    ColVis.css rendered in Firebug:
    .ColVis_Button {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    border: 1px solid #D0D0D0;
    cursor: pointer;
    float: left;
    height: 30px;
    margin-right: 3px;
    padding: 3px 5px;
    position: relative;
    }

ColVis.css viewed directly from the filesystem:
    .ColVis_Button {
    position: relative;
    float: left;
    margin-right: 3px;
    padding: 3px 5px;
    height: 30px;
    background-color: #fff;
    border: 1px solid #d0d0d0;
    cursor: pointer;
    *cursor: hand;
    }
  • trishdevtrishdev Posts: 13Questions: 1Answers: 0
    Yes as an update I resolved this by using the colvis.css.. but it really was a z-index issue the div.ColVis_collection needed a higher z-index than .ColVis and the div.ColVis_catcher needs the highest z-index of all... Hope this helps if you want to see the css let me know
This discussion has been closed.