Datatables 1.7.x search does not find some rows in Opera

Datatables 1.7.x search does not find some rows in Opera

pluggy14pluggy14 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited January 2011 in Bug reports
Hi Alan,

I have found a rather very obscure but 100% reproducible bug: Under certain circumstances (which I could not identify yet), datatables reports no matching rows when using the built-in search field. This bug only occurs in Opera, but I was able to reproduce it with one given table on 2 different computers.

I've tried to reduce the problem as much as possible, you can see a demo here:

http://www.logmytime.de/content/downloads/datatables/search.html

Open the web page above with Opera (I've tried 10.63) and search for "r". Several rows contain that letter, but none is found. Doing the same with any other browser works fine.

Stange enough, I have some tables on my website where the search works fine in all browsers. It's just this one that does not work at all in Opera.

I haven't tried this with Datatables 2 yet.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Adrian Grigore

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,822Questions: 1Answers: 10,127 Site admin
    Hi Adrian,

That is exrtemely odd! Thanks for flagging that up - I'll take a close look at that shortly and get back to you.

One quick thing - there isn't a DataTables 2 (yet!). TableTools 2 which is a plug-in for DataTables was released recently though :-)

Allan
    It gets even more odd. I've copied and pasted your HTML into a document on my local server - no modification needed due to your absolute paths, and it works absolutely perfectly. At the same time - in a different tab, your own page doesn't work! Very odd indeed!

What I would suggest trying is with a local copy of DataTables take line 4272 ( sSearch = sSearch.replace(/\n/g," ").replace(/\r/g,""); ) and move it down one line (i.e. just after the brace). Does that fix it?

Allan
  • pluggy14pluggy14 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm running version 1.71 at my server (just hotlinked the minified version 1.72 from your server for demo purposes), and I could not find the line in my source code.

Could you let me know where I can download version 1.72 or what line I have to look out for in v. 1.71 ?

Thanks,

Adrian
  • pluggy14pluggy14 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Oh, one last thing - Version 1.75 would also do. Or is that the version you are referring to in your last post?

Thanks,

Adrian
    Yes the line number I was referring to was with 1.7.5 (which your example is using with the hotlink is it not?).

You can grab 1.7.2 from: http://datatables.net/releases/DataTables-1.7.2.zip (and .1 for 1.7.1 :-) ) if you want it - the line should be more or less the same (I can't remember changing it - although there is a comment in there about IE and Opera which I do remember adding - that went into 1.7.4.

Allan
  • sebmarionsebmarion Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

I applied that fix a while back and it was working fine.
    I just upgraded today to 1.8.1 and this issue seems to still be here.

What would you advise?

Best regards,

Seb
  • MorgMorg Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited September 2011
    This is the only post I could find on the subject, so I'm putting it here :

I have some rows that I cannot find when using Firefox, and it works normally in Internet Explorer (strange times I tell ya).

- both 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 give the same results
    - the "unfilterables" are of various types, some inside or containers, some inside the TD directly
    - IE8 Standards ok
    - Firefox Fail
    - HTML v5 validated (except minor details as additional non-standard attributes on dom elements, empty title tags and that is all)
    - CSS who cares but it validates on w3c as well.
    - the data comes from an ajax call in json, utf8 encoded, the output is correct (i.e. the values sent through json, echoed by jquery are the same as those in the db)
    - even very simple data fails (like 5 digit numbers)
    - firebug gives no errors

Thanks for your help,

Morg.
  • MorgMorg Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I just tested with Chrome and it fails just like firefox (???). I assume the other webkits would do the same .. still doesn't explain why Opera would follow.

Sure thing is it works in IE, could there be an IE only 'behaviour' that causes it to work or ??
This discussion has been closed.