Update Button On Add/Edit Dialog in Latest Version of Google Chrome Not Showing?

Update Button On Add/Edit Dialog in Latest Version of Google Chrome Not Showing?

andrew.frederick.jacksonandrew.frederick.jackson Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

There seems to be a problem with DataTables Editor in the latest version of Google Chrome (Version 53.0.2785.116).

When I go to edit a record and the dialog opens you can't see, and therefore can't click on the Update button. Strangely if you either zoom in or zoom out (ctrl + or ctrl -) then the the button.

Has anyone else seen this? Can you help me fix this problem?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin

Does that happen for you in this example?

Thanks,
    Allan

• andrew.frederick.jacksonandrew.frederick.jackson Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello Allan,

Thanks for coming back on this. No, it doesn't happen in this example.

I assume we need to update to the latest version on datatables?

Problem with updating is that we use the TableTools extension which has now been replaced.

I've come up with a hack that seem to work for now. We've added some javascript that gets executed a fraction of a second after the dialog opens which shows the button.

Thanks,
    Andrew

If you aren't using the latest version, then yes, that would be the place to start. Howeer, if you've got a working workaround, then go for that :smile:

Allan

• ethics.systemsethics.systems Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited October 2016

HI. andrew.frederick.jackson. I'm having the same problem. Can you share the hack? Or at least provide a hook after the dialog opens. FYI Allan. This problem exists in the example you posted, but is specifically limited to Google chrome.

Hi,

We identified this as a Chrome rendering issue I'm afraid. I've posted a workaround in this thread and committed the workaround into Editor so that it will be included in the next release.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.