Won't populate foreign table items when the link table is empty

Won't populate foreign table items when the link table is empty

gjwestenenggjwesteneng Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

When trying to populate a checkbox based on a link table fails when the link table is empty. If I manually insert 1 record in the linktable it starts working properly. However, until that first record exists it doesn't show the checkboxes containing the records of the foreign table.

The issue can be reproduced in the example project/database that comes with the package. You can assign access to users in the datatables example (JoinArrayController), but when the link table is empty (user_access table) the checkbox dropdown won't populate.

Is this a known bug, am I mistaken somewhere....Is there a workaround?

Regards,
Gertjan

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,849Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

Hi Gertjan,

Thanks for letting me know about this. I'm afraid I don't have an immediate fix - but let me look into it in more detail and then get back to you.

Allan

• allanallan Posts: 61,849Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Sorry for the massive delay getting back to you about this. This is indeed a bug that is specific to the C# libraries for Editor (the PHP version doesn't suffer from the same problem).

I've fixed it now and will ship it in Editor 1.6.0 in early December. If you like, I can send an updated dll with the fix before then?

Regards,
    Allan

• gjwestenenggjwesteneng Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hello Allan,

Great to have it in the early December release, this will do!

Thanks a lot

Regards,
    Gertjan

This discussion has been closed.