Columns hide way too early when collapsing table with the Responsive & FixedHeader extension

Columns hide way too early when collapsing table with the Responsive & FixedHeader extension

halloeihalloei Posts: 23Questions: 6Answers: 0
edited November 2016 in Free community support

I'm using the Responsive extension and I'm just trying out the FixedHeader one. Now I experienced a bug:
When the fixed header is shown and you start to drag the table smaller, the columns disappear too early.

Steps to reproduce:
1. visit the offical example: https://datatables.net/extensions/fixedheader/examples/integration/responsive.html
2. resize the window so all columns are visible
3. scroll down a bit so the fixed header becomes active
4. start resizing the window horizontally (make it smaller)

You will see there will be only the first column left soon. Then, when you resize the window to become bigger, it needs to be really wide for the other columns to appear again (if they appear again at all).

Please tell me if you're able to reproduce this behaviour and what could be done about it.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,692Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin

Thanks for flagging this up. It looks like it might be in some way related to the FixedHeader aspect forcing the width since this doesn't happen without FixedHeader. I'll post back when I have had a chance to look into it.

Allan

• allanallan Posts: 61,692Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Fixed here. I'll tag and release the update shortly.

Note that the example for Responsive and FixedHeader is now available here.

Allan

• halloeihalloei Posts: 23Questions: 6Answers: 0

Thank you Allan!

This discussion has been closed.