Datatables submit form with selected elements - data to any empty form

Datatables submit form with selected elements - data to any empty form

proimageproimage Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited July 2009 in General
Hi,

I would like to realize this idea utilizing datatables – submit form with elements

I am rather green so any detailed help will be highly appreciated.

I have a static html table running datatables and would like to use the functionality of submit form with selected elements to an empty form on a separate html page, which gets dynamically filled in with the user’s selection once the submit form button is pressed.

I would also like to have the submit form button not showing on top of the datatables but in the rows near each item. The idea is a bit like an add to cart button, but different as the site is static and it’s just for email queries on individual/multiple items off the html table.

I have gone through the forum and examples, but I cannot seem to understand how to get the submit form with elements filling in the empty email form running on a different page within the same domain.

I thank anyone in advance for any help.

Regs Proimage

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Hi Regs,

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are looking for and how it is effected by DataTables? Can you get what you want to happen without DataTables and this is an integration issue?

Allan
  • proimageproimage Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    HI Allan,

Thanks for the reply.

I was looking into using the submit form with selected elements within datatables functionality to send the selected data contained in rows within a static html table [I guess via ajax but its all new stuff for me] to an empty email form [message area] on another page on the site.

Ideally I would like to have the submit form button next to each item within the table and not up above. Think of a shopping cart with add to cart button idea... but instead of add to cart button I would have the submit form button which data would fill in automatically an email form [message area] on another page.

With best regards

Proimage
  • allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Hi Proimage,

It certainly sounds possible using FORM elements (etc) nested inside the table. Can you make this work without DataTables, and then simply add DataTables on top of it? I'd like to keep this forum specifically for DataTables specific questions, so I'd suggest perhaps getting it working without DataTables first, and then adding that option once you have the basics working. There are other places to ask general HTML / Javascript questions such as the Site Point forums etc.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.