Multiple Editor tables using the same editor template?

Multiple Editor tables using the same editor template?

CapamaniaCapamania Posts: 229Questions: 79Answers: 5

The new editor template option is great ... thanks Allan.

I was wondering though ... is it possible to use multiple tables to edit within a single template?

To be more precise ... I have like 5 independent tables and calling the Editor form with 5 separate editor templates. Now it would be great to edit those tables in the same form where each of them is e.g. in a separate tab. Is that possible? Or is there any other way?

Many thanks

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,892Questions: 1Answers: 10,144 Site admin

I'm not quite sure how the UI on that would work. If each table contains a different data structure, you'd need to select a row in each table before you could click edit and then be able to edit them in a single Editor window.

I have a feeling I'm not quite "getting it"... :smile:.

Allan

• CapamaniaCapamania Posts: 229Questions: 79Answers: 5

No ... you are getting it :-)

The five tables contain each separate data about a unique ... yet the same record. As of right now ... if a Admin user wants to edit those records ... he needs to go in each table ... call the editor form and submit the data ... but five times :-)

So it would be more friendly and efficient if the edit form (a Bootstrap modal) pops up only once ... and the records of all the five tables can be edited at once ...

Mmmh ... maybe I have to rethink my structure if I want to have this ....

• allanallan Posts: 61,892Questions: 1Answers: 10,144 Site admin

Oh I see - okay. Yes, I think that would be quite possible. Just have one massive Editor that contains the data from all of the tables for that row and then reload each of the tables when the submitComplete event happens.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.