Feature Request: Select Type - Additional Attributes

Feature Request: Select Type - Additional Attributes

ZakInterDevZakInterDev Posts: 51Questions: 16Answers: 0

I've tried looking for a way to do this, but have come up short. What I'm looking for is a way to add additional data to my <select> -> <option> tags. Specifically the global data-* attribute.

I see in this similar post (https://www.datatables.net/forums/discussion/30713/add-an-attribute-to-an-option-of-a-select-input) you had mentioned that you weren't planning on adding it. I've been using Editor in multiple projects, and there have been many times that this would come in handy. Instead I have to perform an aJax call to get the data, which in my country just adds more wait time due to varying (bad) internet speeds. I think to be able to have the data upfront, would allow for quicker manipulation of the Editor form, and using the dependent() method (for example, if an item in select list 1 was chosen, automatically highlight the relevant item in the 2nd select list).

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,893Questions: 1Answers: 10,144 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Back in 2015 I did say:

If anyone else posts about this I'll look into adding it in.

And you have, so I will. And indeed have done. I've just committed this feature and it will be release in 1.6.2 during February :smile:.

Thanks for your post,
    Allan

• ZakInterDevZakInterDev Posts: 51Questions: 16Answers: 0

Awesome, thanks Allan!

This discussion has been closed.