Server-Side processes fails

Server-Side processes fails

jacob.steinbergerjacob.steinberger Posts: 86Questions: 18Answers: 1

Odd issue with Editor 1.6.1 using the new Oracle integration. Normal usage works great - but if I set processing/server-side bits, searching fails and the footer always says, "Showing 0 to 0 of 0 entries (filtered from NaN)". This seems to work great from MySQL, but not from Oracle.

Trying to dig into things, but I didn't see this being reported (or if anyone else is using Oracle yet).

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• jacob.steinbergerjacob.steinberger Posts: 86Questions: 18Answers: 1
    edited February 2017

Alright, progress! I think I had some javascript format differences still to tackle, which don't make sense to me (quotes or no quotes, for example), but I was able to find this gem:

ORDER BY device  asc  LIMIT 10

"LIMIT" isn't valid Oracle SQL. Still digging into things to see if it's something I can build a solution for.

• jacob.steinbergerjacob.steinberger Posts: 86Questions: 18Answers: 1

Oracle 12c supports an OFFSET functionality, but anything before that basically requires the entire SQL to be rewritten into a sub-select. Since this isn't just a simple _build_limit addition to the Oracle driver, this may be considered an enhancement request?

• allanallan Posts: 61,916Questions: 1Answers: 10,150 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Yes. Apologies I hadn't realised that it required 12c+. It would be good to get this working for 11g.

I've added it to my enhancement list.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.