Severside & MySQL Display Non-Empty Records ONLY

Severside & MySQL Display Non-Empty Records ONLY

nytram6nytram6 Posts: 8Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hi Guys,

I have a server side datatable setup which is working perfectly.

I only want to display records where the 'ACI P/N' is not empty - see here http://aciltd.com/test/products.html.

I imagine I have to add this instruction in the server_processing.php file - please can somebody advise what I should be adding to only display records where the 'ACI P/N' is not blank. I have deleted the first three part numbers in the table as an example.

Thank you.

Answers

• nytram6nytram6 Posts: 8Questions: 4Answers: 0

Anybody help??

• nytram6nytram6 Posts: 8Questions: 4Answers: 0

Afternoon.

It would be great if someone could provide some feedback on my question - I still cannot find a solution.

MySQL table contains a lot of information, of which I am only returning the required columns to the table. However, some of these columns contain empty rows and I would like for them to be removed from the table.

Where do I detail the that only 'non null' records are required for a certain column.

Again, as above, I presume I need to add this request to the server_processing.php file. I am currently using the standard server_processing.php file provided in the downloads which obliviously returns all data in the associated db table. I cannot find any details on the website, or forum, detailing where to add such a command.

Thanks

• bindridbindrid Posts: 730Questions: 0Answers: 119

I guess I am confused by the question. In your code, I would expect you to eliminate it with your sql in the first place.

AND isnull( 'ACI P/N' , '') != ''

or something along those lines

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,350Questions: 37Answers: 394

There is a customized DataTables ssp class here:
    https://emranulhadi.wordpress.com/2014/06/05/join-and-extra-condition-support-at-datatables-library-ssp-class/

It enables various "extras" including submitting "WHERE" sql clauses.

This discussion has been closed.