Editor datetime trigger change

Editor datetime trigger change

borconiborconi Posts: 56Questions: 19Answers: 1

Hi Alan.

I saw the changelog of 1.6 that now selecting a date from the datepicker with the mouse triggers the onchange event for dependent. The problem I found is that I had other events listening on the input field but they never got triggered.

I have tried to add another listener to the editor-datetime-button but because you are using stopPropagation my listener never got called either, so I ended up adding the following simple fix:

I altered the following function as follows:

_writeOutput: function ( focus ) {
        var date = this.s.d;

// Use moment if possible - otherwise it must be ISO8601 (or the
        // constructor would have thrown an error)
        var out = window.moment ?
            window.moment.utc( date, undefined, this.c.momentLocale, this.c.momentStrict ).format( this.c.format ) :
            date.getUTCFullYear() +'-'+
                this._pad(date.getUTCMonth() + 1) +'-'+
                this._pad(date.getUTCDate());

this.dom.input.val( out );
                this.dom.input.trigger('change');   // Trigger a change event on the input!
        if ( focus ) {
            this.dom.input.focus();
        }
    }

Hope it helps.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

Thanks for posting this. I'll take a look into including this into Editor in future.

Allan

• jukimv1986jukimv1986 Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi Alan, just found the same issue, could you please add the following line? It does the trick for me. Thanks!

this.dom.input.trigger('change');

@jukimv1986 - Editor should be triggering the change event on the datetime input already, as you can see in this example: http://live.datatables.net/bopugaba/1/edit .

Regards,
    Allan

• jukimv1986jukimv1986 Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0

@allan sorry but I meant when using the calendar as standalone (as in this thread https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/comment/85747/#Comment_85747) that line was the one missing for me to trigger the change event.

Ah I see - thanks for the clarification. I've noted this in our bug tracker to get it addressed for Editor 1.9.3, which I expect around the end of the month.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.