Table Tools printing Add Headers feature request

Table Tools printing Add Headers feature request

Niels HansenNiels Hansen Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited July 2009 in General
Is there any way to add our own Header to dataTable when we select the Print button. It would be great to be able to add a Header (with CSS formating, so we can make it larger etc). Then this could be great way to create custom reports.

If this feature is available could you tell me how to set this, if it's not, this would be a feature I think that would enhance the plugin!

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,667Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Hi Niels,

If you have a look at the constructed DOM (using Firebug etc) you'll see that the elements are all controlled via CSS (my demo stylesheet is included in the package). You can modify this as you wish to get the effect you are looking for. In fact, I strongly encourage it!

Regards,
    Allan
  • Niels HansenNiels Hansen Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thanks Allan,

I will take a look at that. I figured that was the way to go but want to make sure you did not have a method call to do it.
  • eduhutteneduhutten Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0
    Firstly congratulations on DataTable is an excellent tool ... I need to do the customization of the page to print and the ideal would be that it opens a new blank page is possible?
  • allanallan Posts: 61,667Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Hi eduhutten,

Yes it should be possible to do what you are looking for, but no it's not available by default. You would need to write a little bit of code to add a plug-in to TableTools to open it in a new window. Basically you would need to open the window, then parse through the DataTables data and pass it to the new window. The new window would then render the table.

Regards,
    Allan
  • eduhutteneduhutten Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited July 2009
    Allan thanks for the reply ...
    unfortunately I have no skills in javascript to make this change, my php is strong ... but let one say to the employees ...
    sorry my English I am Brazilian.
This discussion has been closed.