Inline editor taking wrong key?

Inline editor taking wrong key?

asharmaasharma Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

I have a .NET backend and I am using the editor. I am left joining A and B. A is left . When I am editing the table the value associated with A that I want to change is taking the key of B. So the change is not happening.This is my backend.

Table A-> Location
Table B-> LocationType

What happens is below

The html code is below

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin

I'm afraid I don't actually understand the issue. Can you illustrate with an example please?

Thanks,
    Allan

• asharmaasharma Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

What was happening was that the "ForCount" is from table "Location" which has the key "LocationID" but when I am editing it the values shown in the image are sent i.e. "LocationTypeID" and the "ForCount" value. In my knowledge the "LocationID" should be sent.

But I have solved that. Now when "editor.inline submit all" is not enabled the only "ForCount" is changed but it is not being reflected in the table.

Also when I am enabling "editor inline submit all" ,still the data is not edited

6.PNG 54.3K
    7.PNG 47.3K

But I have solved that. Now when "editor.inline submit all" is not enabled the only "ForCount" is changed but it is not being reflected in the table.

That suggests that the server isn't returning the full data object for the row that was edited. The documentation for this is here.

Allan

This is the response I am getting when I am editing the row and it contains all the things that I have in the joined model

8.PNG 6.9K

I'm afraid I would need a link to a page showing the issue - that does look like it should be showing the Location.ForCount data as false in the table.

Allan

I'm afraid I can't do that because first of all it is not hosted anywhere and even if I do there are stages of authentication that you have to go through. If you want we can use team viewer. I can show you my code and the working.

Absolutely - real time support over TeamViewer (etc) is available under the support options.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.