***IGNORE*** .fnDraw() + bScrollInfinite = Duplicated ResultSet

***IGNORE*** .fnDraw() + bScrollInfinite = Duplicated ResultSet

di4bl0sdi4bl0s Posts: 17Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2011 in Bug reports
Hi Allan,

Me Again, just wanted to give you a heads-up on a bug creeping in on the above situation,
the .fnDraw() is reloading the last _iDisplayStart,_iDisplayLength as its limits (simular to the bSaveState bug as reported earlier) appending it to the existing dataset, one approach is to delete the last _iDisplayLength records from the table beforehand (would prevent the user from having to rescroll/reload everything again) but only when the method is called from the public fnDraw() method, the alternative is reloading 0,_iDisplayLength (but from an empty table instead of appending). What is your opinion on the different approaches?

Regards Jan

Replies

• di4bl0sdi4bl0s Posts: 17Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited March 2011
    I'm looking through the code and can pickup there are 1 more concerns in the first approach, bSorted, could we apply non server side sorting (guess that shouldn't be much of a problem though very large datasets might cause some performance issue?)

just posting thoughts as I go along...

Regards Jan
    never mind the first approach, we won't be able to use that cause it won't update all records ofcourse thus not redrawing in full, only possible approach is the latter
    edited March 2011
    Ok, you may disregard this issue as if .fnDraw(false); is causing this is happening, but with .fnDraw() this is not, guess that the resort,Refilter is not applicable for serverside processing?
This discussion has been closed.