Headers overlapping and out of place

Headers overlapping and out of place

sayandeepsayandeep Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2011 in FixedHeader
Hi,

When I use FixedHeader plugin the original headers are overlapped by a new row of column headers which fall out of place. They dont exactly cover the original headers but 2 rows become visible of similar content. So I see the same column headers twice of which one remain fixed while scrolling. The row of header which remain fixed do not fall appropriately in place with the columns and dont get the css applied to them.

Can anyone suggest what could be the possible solution to this?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,609Questions: 1Answers: 10,088 Site admin
    Can you give us a link please?

Allan
  • sayandeepsayandeep Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I cant provide you a link as it is hosted internally, but can send you a screenshot of the same to your mail id. Will that suffice?
  • allanallan Posts: 61,609Questions: 1Answers: 10,088 Site admin
    That would be helpful yes please. If you could ping me using the contact form: http://datatables.net/contact .

Allan
  • ofoshoofosho Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I ran into this issue also, not sure if it is cleared up. I found that in chrome, $(document).ready was not waiting long enough. Adding a settimeout for 1ms worked, but more cleanly, switching to $(window).load also worked.

That resolved the out of place, but with multi-column row headers there was still overlap when scrolling was not necessary because the new floating div was computed using scrollbar width. To solve this I just set html to overflow-y:scroll and all my issues were resolved.

-O
This discussion has been closed.