Something Change in 1.16?

Something Change in 1.16?

oneillgoneillg Posts: 33Questions: 9Answers: 0

I am using the select boxes with DataTables. I just noticed that using files from DataTables-1.10.16, the shift and ctrl buttons need to be used in order to select multiple rows, whereas in DataTables-1.10.13 all you need do is select the boxes and multiple selection works. Is this by design? How do I get the 10.16 dataTable to behave the way that the 13 version does? Thanks. -Gabe

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,370Questions: 26Answers: 4,779

Do you have you select.style set to "multi"?

Kevin

• oneillgoneillg Posts: 33Questions: 9Answers: 0

Yes for both. The 'multi' is working, it just seemingly works differently in the two versions.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,370Questions: 26Answers: 4,779
    edited October 2017

I put together this example using DT 1.10.16 and select 1.2.3. With "multi" I can select multiple rows without the need to using CTRL or SHIFT.

If I change the select style to "os" then I do need to use CTRL or SHIFT for multiple selections.

M sample is based on the select checkboxes example. Maybe you are doing something different or I'm not understanding your problem description?

Kevin

• allanallan Posts: 61,824Questions: 1Answers: 10,131 Site admin

There shouldn't have been anything between v1.10.13 and v1.10.16 that would effect the row selection. The row selection is provided by the Select extension and the DataTables version should have no effect.

Can you link to your page showing the two different behaviours so I can understand what is happening please?

Allan

This discussion has been closed.