Are there any other options for DOM besides "lftipr"?

Are there any other options for DOM besides "lftipr"?

rdmrdm Posts: 192Questions: 54Answers: 4

I found the dom explanation page and it did answer questions I had about that feature from seeing it in code samples. I've played around with the variations, taking out a letter at a time to see what would happen to the rendered table.

It's been a few weeks back, so I don't remember where it came from, but I remember seeing this in a code sample. Was the option B a typo or is it a legitimate flag for a feature? By taking the letter out, I don't see any visible change in the resulting table. I can't find it in the "dom" page either.

$(".display").DataTable({
    dom: 'Blftipr',
    // ... code

Answers

• rdmrdm Posts: 192Questions: 54Answers: 4

Now that I added print and excel options, it looks like "B" allows the buttons to appear.

"B" for "Button" makes some kind of sense. And now that I looked in the buttons documentation, I see it halfway down the page.

For Buttons the B character is the letter to use

There's the answer for that. Is there a master reference that shows all dom options for all extensions?

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,109 Site admin

Currently no. Each extension can define its own options, so you'd need to refer to each extension's documentation. It would be sensible to put them all together on the dom page though. I'll get that done.

I'm actually in the process of planning how to replace dom with something a bit easier: buttons: 'top left' for example.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.